Carbon Management Strategies provides a comprehensive approach to understanding and managing direct and indirect carbon emissions. Clients are provided with a holistic approach to understanding, managing and reducing direct and indirect carbon emissions from transportation systems, buildings, energy use, and manufacturing and production processes. The group works to identify current carbon output from these sources and develop and implement cost-effective strategies that produce measurable reductions.
Carbon Management Strategies has experience working with the following regulations and GHG programs:
- AB 32, the California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006
- California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GGP)
- CARB On-Road Heavy-Duty Truck and Bus Rule and Heavy-Duty Greenhouse Gas Rule (SmartWay Truck Rule)
- H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES) – aka the Waxman-Markey climate and energy bill
- Million Solar Roofs Initiative
- Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS)
- SB 375, Redesigning Communities to Reduce Greenhouse Gases
- U.S. EPA Final Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases Rule
- U.S. EPA SmartWay Program
- U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) System
Carbon Management Strategies has raised over $200 million for its clients and projects and is extremely well-versed in the private and public programs able to provide grants, loans, carbon credits, and other innovative sources of project capital to implement cutting-edge carbon reduction programs and technologies.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA);
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program ("Block Grant") Program;
- Million Solar Roofs Initiative;
- U.S. DOE State Energy Program;
- U.S. EPA SmartWay Program; and,
- Various financial assistance programs at the local, state and federal levels, including grants, tax credits, loans, and other finance programs, as well as private equity, carbon trading and other innovative financing opportunities.
Carbon Management Strategies enables transportation, commercial and industrial organizations to position themselves as climate and industry leaders by strategically transitioning carbon risks and liabilities into performing assets. We work with clients to stay in front of regulations, develop solutions to reduce direct and indirect carbon output, reduce energy costs and emissions, improve efficiencies, and ultimately drive economic performance.